10 Things I Like About You

Posted by: Emily

Since we’re doing a giveaway of Vapour Organic Beauty products, I wanted to tell you a bit about this company of which I am so fond. Here are 10 things you should know.

10.  All Vapour products contain a minimum of 70% Certified Organic ingredients. The other 30% is natural, just not Certified Organic. Vapour is always 100% chemical free.

9. Vapour is made in an artisanal cosmetics lab in New Mexico where they have been producing non-toxic cosmetics for over 30 years.

8. Vapour is currently sold only online, at  Vapourbeauty.com, ShopNBC.com, The Shopping Channel, and Spirit Beauty Lounge.  There is one retail location in the L.A. area called The 3 Graces. We can only hope they’ll launch soon in a national retail department store or chain! Hello, Sephora or Bloomingdales or Saks, I’m talking to YOU!

7. If you’re beginning to worry about how one chooses makeup shades over the internet, there are a few things that will bring you comfort:

a) VapourBeauty.com has a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee! You can try anything for 30 days and get a full refund if you’re not totally satisfied!! Amazing. And I can’t imagine why you wouldn’t be satisfied, unless the shade you order isn’t right for you, in which case, you can try another one!

b) There are really helpful descriptions of each shade on their website, along with color swatches and pictures of the product on a model’s lips. Find this in the “how to wear” tab on each product page. It’s wonderful!

c) They have a toll-free number you can call to ask questions, get shade recommendations and application tips: 1-888-751-3662. Now that’s customer service!  There is also a page on the site where customers may submit inquiries.

6. The price points are comparable to high-end, chemical brands you’d find at Sephora or department stores, like Nars or Dior or Clinique, but Vapour is chemical free! Lipstick is $19, Multi-use Blush $28, concealer $20, etc.

5. Vapour co-founder Eric Sakas is an industry pro. He previously worked for brands Kevyn Aucoin Beauty and Philosophy. Read all about him here.

4. Vapour products are manufactured using WIND POWER!! They’re serious eco-heros!

3. They’re members of the Organic Trade Associationsigners of the Compact for Safe Cosmetics, and do not test on animals!

2. Have I mentioned that the products are long-wearing, moisturizing, travel-friendly, come in fabulous shades, and smell terrific?! I love them so much I wrote a poem about it!

1. We’re giving away 2 Aura Radiant Blushes in the color of your choice! Post in the comments below to enter.

Advertisements

11 Comments

Filed under Cool Companies We Love, Giveaways/Freebies/Discounts

11 responses to “10 Things I Like About You

  1. amy

    Thanks Emily – this was helpful because I have always worried about purchasing make-up online when I can’t try the color out first!

  2. Alyssa

    Emily, you sure are IN LOVE or maybe obsessed? But gotta say that wind power thing is awesome!!! Go Vapour.

  3. I love companies that have been doing stuff like this for years. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that they get some retail locations, too!

  4. Mita

    Emily,

    I think it is great that you are so passionate about the products you are using.

    Thanks so much for sharing!!

  5. Lisa

    I was already excited about this brand and then you post this list!!! Amazing…love the 30 day refund policy and all the eco-friendly policies. I so want to try this!

  6. Jamie

    LOVE the “how to wear” tab on their website! It would definitely help me with shopping for makeup like this online! Great idea 🙂

  7. Ellen

    I like the title of your post!

  8. Bella

    That’s totally awesome! Thanks for all the great details! I’m def going to have to check out their site!

  9. Lindsay

    Thanks for the review. I’d love to try some of the stick products – foundation and blush, etc. I think it’s the easiest way to apply makeup!

  10. Pingback: Still the One « Product Junkies Rehab Blog

  11. Pingback: Cyber Monday! | Product Junkies Rehab

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s