I was just going about life, trying to decide what my next blog post would be about, when Jordan called it to my attention that this will be our 100th blog post! 100 posts?! I know lots of people have blogs, and many have way more than 100 posts, but I can’t help but think back to that cold day in January when Jordan and I decided to start this blog, and think how far we’ve come! Back in January we met at a coffee shop, The Roasting Plant in the West Village, and set up our WordPress account, wrote out some ideas, and agreed we’d see what happened.
Well, in the months since, this blog has become such a fun, important, rewarding part of our lives, and we’re so happy to get to share our thoughts with you. Thanks for reading! In honor of this 100th post, we were thinking about the moments, things, and products that stood out for us over the past 8 months of blogging.
My personal favorite moment (aside from the time in February when Jordan, our husbands, and I went out to dinner and at the restaurant we checked our blog stats to find we’d had our first day with 100+viewers!) happened pretty recently and came from a reader named Andy–dare I say, one of our few male readers. On August 8, Andy wrote, in response to my “Just FYI” post:
I googled “whole foods fragrance free shampoo smells burnt” because while I originally liked this shampoo lately it smelled really bad and I was wondering if I got a bad batch. At least now I know it isn’t just me.
I was just tickled that someone could find us totally randomly by searching for something he actually needed to know, and, importantly, that there are other people out there who think, unprompted, that the shampoo smells burnt! It was an amazing feeling– people are out there! People read this! I’m not going crazy with my sense of smell!
At first, I think the people reading this blog were just our friends–and there’s nothing wrong with that! Keep reading, please– but it’s nice to know that we’re “meeting” new people through this blog and getting readers who don’t just know us in real life and read because we’re nice people (which we are, but that’s not the point).
When I mentioned this favorite moment to Jordan, she showed me a list she’s been keeping (with her comments!) of funny searches people have done on-line that have led them to our blog. To celebrate our 100th post, we’d like to share some of the wackier ones with you. (And if any of these come from you, please don’t let it keep you from coming back to this blog! We’re just so glad you found us, however it happened!) And don’t worry– we can’t see who searched what, so keep anonymously searching for weird stuff, people. We love it.
- “how do you become a writer for a magazine” (did we help you figure this out? Best of luck in your career move, nevertheless!)
- “rehab vodka challenge” (what sort of challenge is this? “Hey Carl, see if the folks in rehab can smell this vodka on your breath or not!”)
- “gisele bundchen tips on clear skin” (Oh, that Gisele…she has the solution to all the world’s problems, doesn’t she?)
- “oily body nude” (I think the person who came across our blog with this search may have been browsing for a different sort of site. Sorry to disappoint you)
- “why do junkies use citrus?” (I didn’t know they did, but thanks to our well-chosen name, I’m learning a lot more about what junkies prefer)
- “water with orange balls in the bottle” (yum! nothing quite like a tall, refreshing glass of orange balls)
- “city brown – must be love” (Well, clearly. When the city is brown, that’s when I love it most too. Give me smog and this is one happy lady!)