posted by: Emily
Over the next few months, we will be introducing a few new (to us) brands that we think are just great. They’re ones you should definitely know about, if you don’t already. Some of them have been around for a while, and we’ve just discovered them recently. Others are brand-new!
Some brands you can expect to learn about in the coming months are:
And today, the amazing, incredible, why-didn’t-I-discover-them-sooner? Alima Pure!
I could write about the history/background of this brand, but they do a great job of it on their own website, so I’ll let you read about them here, and use this time to tell you MY Top 10 favorite things about AP!
10. Blush. I am a bit of a blush addict. If I could have only one beauty product, ever, for the rest of my days (how sad!) it would be blush. I love the way it brightens up a face. I probably wear too much blush most days, but I love it. And I was trying to make peace with mediocre blush options after giving up my chemical brands like NARS and such, almost 4 years ago. HOWEVER, Alima Pure’s blushes ARE BETTER THAN NARS or any other “prestige” brand I’ve tried (and I had tried them all before quitting chemicals). I particularly love the Shimmer blushes (Sospiro, Leigh, and Sahara are among my faves) but the Matte colors are great, too.
9. Samples. You can order a sample size of almost any AP product on their site for $1.50 each! And they are VERY GENEROUS with the sample sizes! I’ve been using a few sample blushes for weeks in rotation till I decide which one I like the most (it’s a hard decision– I love them all!).
8. Brushes and tools. Fed up with my crappy, shedding, gross Bare Minerals brushes, I invested in a few Alima brushes. BEST decision ever. Blush and Foundation are my favorites, but the Kitten Brush is all the rage, apparently.
7. Amazing customer service. I have ordered several times from alimapure.com. They guarantee everything they sell. If you’re not satisfied, you can get a refund! Not that you’ll be displeased with any of their products, ever, but it’s nice to know!
6. “Ask an artist” service. Further reason why you’ll never need to use that refund option is the Ask an artist service. Before you buy something, you can fill out this online form and ask them questions about colors of products, how mineral cosmetics work, and what products will work best for you, and they will get back to you with suggestions and recommendations. I’ve done it several times. They introduced me to some of my favorite shades. That and the sample program pretty much guarantee you’ll love the shades you buy.
5. Nourishing Lip Balm. Oh. My. Goodness. This is an amazing product. It is SO pigmented, it’s replaced every lipstick I had. It’s so nourishing, it doubles as a balm. It’s so shiny it could be a gloss. It’s everything I’ve ever wanted all in one and it’s only $7!!!! Seriously, what are you waiting for?! Order it now! My favorite color is the universally-flattering Fig, but I also love Mango. (Don’t worry, there are shimmer-free shades for those of you, like Jordan, who don’t love sparkly makeup like I do!)
4. Incredible color choices! Have you taken a look yet?! There are over 20 GORGEOUS blush shades, over 60 amazing eye shadow options, plus bronzers, foundations (tons of choices!), and powders! Plus, I’ve even been known to use the Brown Sugar eyeshadow as a blush, the Guava blush as a lip color, and the powder as a foundation, so basically, the options for colors are infinite. Literally. They keep coming up with new ones!
2. Have to talk about their Blush again! Seriously. I’m just so in love with it. Best ever. Order some samples. Now.
1. Alima Pure feels like a luxury brand. The quality is just so amazing. I’ve missed feeling like I get to use the top-notch products out there ever since I gave up the highly-advertised, highly-reviewed, highly-chemical brands I used to love. Well, Alima Pure makes it all better. I feel like it’s the best there is. And I feel lucky I found it. It’s all so reasonably priced that it’s very attainable. I just hope they keep making more and more products! I will keep loving them.
What’s your favorite new or new-to-you brand we should know about? Post your ideas in the comments, and tell us if you’ve tried Alima Pure.